16.4.07

16. As a Result

As a Result


Your fiery tongue
seers my mind,
sends shivers
down my spine.

I feel heat rise
in my body,
my brain demands
I look away,
remain uncaught,
like naughty children
my eyes disobey.

My words
catch in my throat
but are soon
released

along with
my dinner.

Why
can't
you
eat
with
your
mouth
CLOSED
?

MeeAugraphie
04/16/07


Now, I can't imagine you wanted to use these words, but if you have a sick sense of humor and want to share this, please feel free to link to it, so they know I labored over word choices. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I was catching up after my weekend away from blogging. I was fine until this poem. ;)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Brian, I can't stop laughing. I was just lamenting that no one would read my poor attempt at both humor AND a statement on world manners. . . and lo and behold, you decided to come back from hiatus and walked right into it soon after I posted it.
Just blame it on NaPoWriMo, or my usual not enough sleep excuse. Oh yeah, let me interrupt my laughter at your welcome back to the real world by saying thank you for reading and commenting. ;-)


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: