6.4.07

6. More than a mere glimpse into THIS poet's mind

. . . or. . . one morning's thoughts. Witness poetry (some, only of sorts) as it flows outside its safe confines onto the online page. . . posted in order written. Feel free to skip to the shorter on page, if need be! Feel free to skip page entirely. . . I am in a mood. . . and not exactly poetic. I won't know the difference anyway.



6.1 Self Talk


Admit it!
she implored
herself

today's
decision
is not one
of procrastination
(no matter the side bets wagered)

Nor
is it a
decision
based on
the
laziness banner she
(sometimes)
wore across her relaxed chest

Her fingers
meld with
keys worn thin
from overuse

(less than 28 months
young - the keys,
not the hands)

Admit it!
repeat after me:

I cannot do
all that I want
(and still do it well)
Some can,
some can't.
---(breathe here)---
I have learned my
personal limits
and will scale back
my blogging to
recapture
the other treasures
of life I have shoved aside.

She repeats, but responds,
in kind:

but in truthfulness to who
I am, that will be short lived,
for I am is a person
of intense concentration
followed by scattered
attentions. For today,
I will do the blank blank housework.

No promises about next week's.

End.


*************************

Which is true?


She is one
with the keyboard

or is it

the keyboard
is one with her?

*******************

Run! Summer's Coming Version 1
blaring sun
heralds
unseasonable heat,
welcome in love
unwelcome
in weather.

Summer's Coming Version 2

Loud
sun
heralds
intense heat
welcome within love
unwelcome outside our heart's range.

***********************************************

Life Songs, to be continued. . . .


Sing
as forks
sing when
no resistance is met on the plate

---

Purr
as cats
purr when
a human touches their heart

---

Wag
as dogs
wag tails
when the pack leader returns

---

Soar
as eagles
soar above
in freedom's flight

----

Strut
as models
strut perceived
glamor on the runway

----

Hop
as bunnies
hop playfully
across an open field

---

Mosey
as elephants
mosey almost in line
from train to circus tent

---

Store
as squirrels
store acorns
for another day

---

Shelter
as penguins
shelter young
from winter's rath

---

Feed
as birds
feed mouths
that can not feed themselves

---

Exist
as fish
exist . . couldn't finish

---

See
as owls
see us
in the dark of night

---

Hear
as ??
come back to, pick an animal

----

Sense
as deer
sense danger
in the quiet of once safe lands

---

Scatter
as ducks
scatter quickly
when death shots ring out

---

Slide
as seals
slide smoothly
across ice terrain.

---

Hibernate
as bears
hibernate safe
and sound in nature's home.

---

(NOTE: thinking about changing the above, substituting for the first word in each - or not)

Decision Made

OKenoughtodayhungerwinsout.

MeeAugraphie
04/06/07

--- End, or not. . .

Need an accent read into this silly play:

There was an old woman from Wa
whose poetry has come fah
but she slips and she slides and old spouts out
and sometimes words screech, Caw!

Me? Put my signature there? Are you crazy? Must be the stomach interfering. . .

---

Excuses abound in your eyes
reasons are seen in mine.

Meeaugraphie
04/06/07

--------
Is it obvious yet, it takes forever to get us out of the house?

Yes, these are my words for today. . . Please don't copy the few that may, in fact, be worth
copying, or for that matter, any of them, but feel free to link as an example of a poet (of sorts) gone mad. No, let me fall back on sleep deprived and lunchtime calls. After all, it is all in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

I love all these poems and random thoughts and all... everything. Speaking of catching up, I just posted again and I have several links in the story to more stuff.

Blogging is fun, but it is time consuming. You just need to find the balance. Of course, I don't do housework. ;)

Rose

xo

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Rose Dewey Knickers, I swear. Don't encourage me, I am bad enough on my own; I just wrote a poem for a friend in FL. But, thank you, from the poet in me who wishes to be encouraged, for reading and writing and commenting.


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: