4.5.07

Unbidden Reaction

Parked beneath somber skies
wind rushed
from cracked window
to cracked window
sending my bones
toward rebellion.

My hand reached
between the seats
for the quilt

unbidden by conscious thought

for my mind and heart
were
at war

again.

My heart
needed
to be wrapped in his arms
my mind wanted only
spite.

My soul wanted only to stare
at the somber skies,
to shed tears the sky refused to release.

It was the playful nip on my hand
as it touched the forgotten furry ball
nuzzling beneath the blanket
that brought
mind and heart and soul
to one place.

I wrapped my arms instead
around my dog,
my mind rejected spite.

I stared at the somber sky
rubbed my bleeding hand
and the sky cried
with my soul.

MeeAugraphie
05/04/07

Please respect this poet's rights and do not copy words without permission. Thank you.

6 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Pets can be such a comfort at times like this.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Crafty Green Poet - I have no pets now, but was thinking about a couple of friends when I wrote this and then remembered back to having conversations with our Doberman the few years we had him, of course, he was not a ball of fluff. Pets are comforting, very comforting. Thank you for commenting!

Corinne said...

I love 'sending bones towards rebellion' and the image of reaching between the seats.

It's a lovely poem.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Photoscorrinetakes - It took a couple of crossed out ideas to get to "sending bones toward rebellion". Thank you for commenting.

Mandy said...

a very neatish little poem that avoids giving too much away too soon.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Mandy - I'm glad I didn't give it away too soon, but it was only because it came to me as I got to it.LOL. Thank you for commenting.


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: