21.6.07

(Fiction) Friday -Bad news cures all things

This is my second week of playing along, when I first looked at these words my mind went blank, panic set in, I am never wordless! Within a few seconds I reverted back to my one-sided conversations - can't help myself, just love to write them, or maybe it is just all those one-sided conversations I have had with myself. No time to type quotations or anything. . .took me 6 or 7 minutes as it was. . . Draft, remember non-participants, just a draft. Now go out and write one yourself, it is pure freedom from all else in your lives.

Bad news cures all things. It does, I am living proof. Don't believe me? Ask John, he can tell you.

He does know. He witnessed what happened to me. I was limping around, my right foot was swollen.

Know, I don't know what I did to it. I just woke up with it swollen.

Bad circulation? No, I don't have bad circulation. Old people have bad circulation.

Funny, you are funny. I am not old, I am only. . . How old am I? Never mind, I know it is not old age.

Don't interrupt, I am trying to prove my point. So, I am limping horribly.

What do you mean I can't limp horribly? Of course, I can. I know how I limp. Quit interjecting.

It is not a big word for me. I know words like this: antidisestablishmentarianism.
I can even spell it, can you?

Thought not! So, anyway, I am limping around the house - horribly. Had to call in sick to work, couldn't have made it from the desk to the restroom and then out to the break room to get my coffee. I mean, I didn't want to get a cramp in my leg or a sharp pain in my hip trying to compensate. You know, walking weird to make up for it.

Weird? I am not weird. You're weird. Now, let me finish. So, Jacob called and said he couldn't come over this morning to help me clean out the drains. Of all times, when it is backed up with all that crap. And amazingly enough, at the thought of being home with all that crap overflowing into my house. My foot stopped swelling and I went out and played a round of golf. Bad things cured my foot. Just like I said.


Now, to your few crude people out of the millions of wonderful ones, copying is not nice, not acceptable, it is plain crap like that which was piling up at the fictional house. So don't. Thank you.

To find out more about (Fiction) Friday so you can join in the fun, click here! Everyone's brain needs to just free write it is, well, freeing.And what if five or six minutes out of your day if it 'frees you' from the drudgery around you for a few minutes. Why it may actually make a difference in how your day goes. Besides it will link you to all kinds of stories and poems based on the same first line and we don't all think alike, so it is no telling what you will find. I'm going to read them myself.

Of course, you could, first, quickly read about the woman who spends one hour and eighteen minutes cleaning men's floors, here!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I like it, but I know it's fiction! Here's what I have to say about it:
Bad news does not multiply, as your story suggests. Bad news is not a doctor, but a mathematician. Bad news multiplies and adds(I'm sure it cannot divide or subtract). Bad news begins, and more comes with it to life's little party, as unwanted guests. It comes in "three's," at least, so "they" say. But, who are "they?" And what do "they" know? Bad news multiplies. 3x3x3...into infinity.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

This Eclectic Life - I leave my blog to write another post for 10 minutes and this comment is what i come back to! I could swear you just said one thing and then totally said the opposite. I am beginning to think my thinking out loud is not good for y'all.Either that or all that thinking out loud has impaired my ability to make sense out of your words. I wish I had emoticons on this blog, I need them now so you can see that I am smiling WITH and NOT making fun of your words. BUT I LOVED THESE WORDS OF YOURS: Bad news is not a doctor, but a mathematician.

Jenny said...

good job! I found this last night when I visited...I immediately wrote my own little "story". I went to post it this morning...and my husband censored me! lol!! I wrote about my SIL dying...I guess it was just a little harsh! lol!!

~willow~ said...

I wasn't expecting the narrator to take me anywhere, yet I was caught by surprise when the swelling miraculously cured itself at the thought of being at home with all the crap - LoL! Nice twist :-)

Dale Challener Roe said...

That was interesting, and good for you for reiterating the "draft" nature of the FF game.

bluesugarpoet said...

This is very funny. I have these types of internal conversations (thought I don't typically interject) AND I wrote about the same crap situation in my FF today - I promise, I hadn't even read your post until just now, lol! Funny how many of us have crap on the brain today...

Anyway, I thought the internal dialogue was great! It was a creative way to approach the prompt.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Jdoriot - I really wish I had gotten to read your SIL story before he saw it.

Willow - I wasn't expecting the narrator to get anywhere either!

D.challenger roe - I had to reiterate the draft nature, my excuse for errors and if it didn't make sense.

Bluesugarpoet - Internal conversations are fun, and I really do interject all the time. Yes, crap was on our minds.

Thank you all for taking the time to read and comment!

Megan said...

I like the idea of a one-sided conversation; it made me smile. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Good spin on this phrase. And I admit, I was thinking along with Willow that we were just going to end the story after 5 minutes of writing, but then ... resolution! Fun! :-)
Lyn

paisley said...

my writing too can often be called a one sided conversation,,, not so much my fictional stuff... but my regular posts....i just don't keep making reference to the guy off camera....u

Bone said...

I talk to myself all the time. I blame it on living alone :)


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: