30.7.07

Poetry Thursday - Lullaby of Mee

Poetry Thursday is on summer break from prompting us, but we are all still posting and linking back to their Thursday post each week. Follow the link here and read what other poets wrote! We all have such different styles and subjects, you will be quite surprised at what you might find.


Lullaby



I'll keep you warm

within my heart

float safely
in my arms

you may gaze
into my eyes
they'll reflect
your sweet soul

go to sleep

hear your name

dream your own dreams
in silence

know we will

show you how
to stand proud and be counted.

MeeAugraphie

07/30/07

Written with our son in mind -- about 29 years later than should have been. . . To see when it should have been written and read my latest Self-Rules written as a short poem: Click here.

(This is freaky! As I was copying this poem into the blog to save for Thursday, a commercial came on the TV. (I had forgotten to turn it off after checking traffic this morning.) It was the same lullaby that I had hummed as I wrote this.)

Words put together this way are by my effort, please do not copy.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this yesterday and I was trying to hum along. It goes with the picture above so well.

Rose

xo

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Rose, trying to hum was probably difficult -- it is not exactly metered correctly.

I never thought about the header photo -- that I am looking down as if cradling a baby - how cool - I was just trying to hide my face... Thanks for pointing it out!

Tumblewords: said...

Marcia - this is so nice, cuddly, warm and encouraging. Love it!

Clare said...

What a sweet and cozy lullaby -- I found myself rocking and humming too. I love the line "know we will show you how to stand proud and be counted" -- this made me cry. So beautiful.
:)

Regina said...

This was lovely, Marcia- so gentle.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Tumblewords, Clare, Regina Clare Jane - thank y'all for commenting - I wasn't sure anyone else would feel it was as gentle as I hoped it was.


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: