26.7.07

Showing Not Telling Contest

I discovered a blog yesterday that was new to me. Had fun today jumping around in discovery. I enjoyed reading Missy's posts, a bit of this and that, you may, too! She has a writing contest going, with a prize, though, the fun will be in trying to do as she requests -- show, not tell. She has a sentence all ready for you to work you magic with, I won't spoil the surprise, you can click here to get the sentence and the simple contest details.

Am I entering? Of course, but the first "entry" I started -- well, I got carried away and wrote a story, one I want to polish and submit to an editor. So, I'll be writing a shorter one right along with y'all. You have until "12:00 p.m. cst on August 6, 2007". Now, I don't know if that is noon or midnight, I never accepted the rules for am and pm - I always use military time so there is no room for confusion. So, you may want to submit it sooner, especially y'all staying up all night for Blogathon 2007, you may use a few of those minutes to write your paragraph.

So, go on over to Missy's post of the rules at The Incurable Disease of Writing - I bet we can all identify with her blog title, can't we!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got all goose-pimply when I read that you enjoyed my blog. Thank you sooooo much. And thanks for plugging the contest. I look forward to reading your entry.

Anonymous said...

Blogathon is beyond. I'm trying to kick the habit. ;)

Have a great weekend. :)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Missy, you are quite welcome. My entry is coming, I just keep writing stories.

Brian, I wish you weren't trying to kick the habit, but then I understand, I think.

Thank y'all for commenting!


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: