25.7.07

Poetry Thursday - B.L.O.G.S.

Poetry Thursday is on a bit of a break! But we are all still posting. Click on their Thursday Post to see who is writing!

I was commenting on Damien Riley's blog recently, Riley Central, on this post about Industrial Strength Blogging, where he speaks about just being ourselves as bloggers (something I strongly believe in, you may want to read that post!) This popped out of my head and into his comment section -- as an Acrostic of BLOGS, though I did not write it in Acrostic format. As an acrostic poem it would be written as:

Beseeching
life
overtures of
good
souls —

I instantly saved it, knowing it meant something! Today, it clicked. I could write it more like a Haiku:

Beseeching life,
overtures of good souls

Whichever way it is written it spells out BLOGS. Isn't that what many bloggers do, beseech life overtures?

Blogathon 2007 is around the corner, all 24 hours on July 28th! I wish I were able to stay awake all night to blog, we all know I love to write and spout poem drafts nearly non-stop. . . but those in my more immediate and physical world would be attacking me, 'cause I get mean with no sleep! And I whine, and I pout, and shout, and cry, and make mountains out of molehills, and -- well, you don't want to know anymore than that! But others, hundreds of bloggers are writing for charities, either teaming up or just biting the bullet and staying up all by themselves, unless we visit them.

They are making it easy for you to donate with links. All the charities are good, they all affect someone somewhere. For a list of all participating, head for the main site.

This, however, is a plea for those that regularly give to other charities to consider two that may be overlooked: Music and Reading.

Karen and the gang at Write Stuff are tag teaming to blog for First Book, a wonderful organization that gives children from low-income families the opportunity to read and own their first new books! I was shy growing up and so grateful my parents could afford to buy me Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys, they kept me sane!

Can you imagine never having a book to look at? Leon and I still have a "romantic thing" about Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb by Dr. Seuss. (Don't ask.)

Jessica the Rock Chick is writing at Life is Rantastic for the VH1 Save the Music Foundation, an organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music education in our public schools, something more important to a person's education and well-being than many realize. Jessica will be up all night handling it for the most part herself, but with guest blog posts!

Now, remember, I promise not to sing if you at least visit their sites and see what it is all about! And believe me, you do NOT want to hear me sing - and I do have podcast capabilities!

And I won't draw your portrait if once you run by their sites you go the the main Blogathon site and check out who else is participating and for what charities - all the pledges are posted -- it is an amazing sight (and site)! There really is no right or wrong charity to support --

and as people who enjoy BLOGS - I know your heart is there.

2 comments:

Clare said...

I really like the acrostic and haiku form you wrote. It's really nice. And I also agree that charities for reading and music often get overlooked -- it's crazy because those are the things that can help feed a child's soul and teach them so much beauty and self-esteem too. I will go look at the Blogathon site. Thank you for writing about it.
:)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Clare, thank you. They do feed a child's soul, well put! I'm glad you are checking out the Blogathon.


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: