5.8.07

Unconscious Mutterings - Oh, to sleep

LunaNiña of Unconscious Mutterings, posts ten words each week for us to free associate. It is a quick and sometimes surprising exercise. It is also a fun one. Why not play along next time? Just click on link above! Her words on left, my responses on right.

  1. Voices :: in my head
  2. Have to :: go
  3. Machine :: ready
  4. Seventh grade :: English
  5. Beach :: ball
  6. Roommate :: sucks
  7. Cyclone :: hit
  8. Theater :: actor
  9. Pregnant :: pause
  10. Phoebe :: sings



I cannot just stop with her meme. I love to exercise my brain, so each week I write either a short story or poem with the words, attempting to keep them in the order given in the meme. Yet, I still want to make some sense out of them. . . My result this week:

Oh, to sleep...


Voices in my head
speak softly of
all I have to do --

before I go to sleep
they refuse to turn off
like a machine spinning in place
ready to take off at the touch
of a button

that never comes.

Seventh grade English,
romping on hot sand barefoot
to catch a beach ball thrown
by a roommate (for life),
moments when life just sucks
as if a cyclone hit land
and jerked trees and smashed bananas
and spit it out in my face,
theater, watching an actor
squirm from a pregnant pause that seemed
to go on past its due date,
my expertise at vocals (and sometimes words) --
comparable only to
to Phoebe as she sings
words and tones no one wants to hear
in the coffeehouse...

Someone, please push the button!

MeeAugraphie
08/04/07

Please, do not copy my crazy words,they also contain words from Lunaniña's meme, used with permission. Please do not copy hers except as part of her meme without her permission. Thank you.

0 comments:


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: