18.4.07

18. Building Blocks of Life

He left
late,
another stolen moment,
his first job
within
a stone's throw reach.

I'd see him much later
for tea and apple pie
(or other fattening stuff!)

He rarely spends a day
without
calling
on the phone
rather like tossing
his beloved dog a bone
that's slobbered over
between tail wags and barks
another stolen moment

He called early,
still
close by,
asking my preference
in scone or loaf
(or other fattening stuff)

and spent
his extra minutes
driving up the hill,
warmed his coffee
and gave me mine,
(and other fattening stuff)

a brief
kiss
(and smile and look)
and he
was
back down the hill
another stolen moment

the building blocks of life.

MeeAugraphie
04/18/07

These blocks were stacked by me, please stack your own rather than mine. . . it will be more fun for you - that way - you can stack the ones you choose. Feel free to link back if my words catch your eye.

5 comments:

Jone said...

The rhythm soothed me. Love the line, "a stolen moment". This made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Where would we be w/o stolen moments. I like how you usedd the "fattening stuff)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Jone - Stolen moment has become my favorite phrase, those extra seconds with someone I love. I'll take them anyway I can get them.

Brian - "fattening stuff" - my mind was playing in the background, too, with that one. . .

Thank you both for commenting on my playful poem on my life.

Anonymous said...

Stolen moments, so beautifully defined. I dropped in to read this morning, and got chills of delight up my spine once again. Thank you.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

This Eclectic Life - Thank you. I wish the world more stolen moments and the wherewithal to recognize their worth.


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: