19.4.07

19. Sunburned Dreams

Sunburned Dreams


Living on acres and acres,
our children and children's
children
wandering in and out,
except when my home made
sign was posted:
Keep Out: Genius At Work

For them the sign would mean
their grandmother was
waxing poetic words
(certainly not the floor)
and needed a moment's peace.

Only he and I
would know the naked truth
behind the sign:
that poetry
(of the written
sort) takes only
moments in time;
the genius at work
behind the doors
was really letting
nature have its
due - and the two
of us, too.

Today, my dreams
are sunburned by
life realities, the ten
was only one
(but a magnificent one, at that)
the acres became one third
(of one)
and will become much
less than soon
and the one third is
not buoyed by currents
of laughter from youth
(except the boys next door)
but I (we) still have moments
of waxing poetic

and, better late than never,
future little ones
of the magnificent one
(and his better half)
may someday
cross the country on planes
or trains or magic carpets
to see my sign in person,
Keep Out, Genius At Work

Only time will tell just which
naked truth will be
behind that sign.

MeeAugraphie
04/19/07

Ah, an attempt at really writing the poems I joked about for Thursday Thirteen this week. So: my words, my attempt at taking an off the wall title and making it work. . . link to it, laugh at it, or ignore it, but, please, the words are mine. You can have your own go at the titles, though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knock, knock. ;)

Oh sorry, I'll come back when you have finished.

What's that? Hours and hours later?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Brian, did I insinuate it took me that long to write poetry?
Thank you for commenting (and knocking).


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: