9.4.07

9. Whiskey Night Revisited

OK, thanks to Ed (he knows who he is), for writing a ditty on Irish Whiskey which fed this somewhat but not related poem!

Admission time: I did NOT know the definition of "duff" when writing this poem, I looked it up once I wrote it. . . I was SOOOOO excited when I realized I could keep it in under both definitions. . . in my mind at least.

"Duff ", by definition, is basically a layer of organic litter on the forest floor -- decomposing litter -- that is. Perfect word for this, I think.

Slang for it is found here: Urban Dictionary, but I was thinking more of the U.K definition, number 7. . . don't go reading more into it!


Oh, yeah, the poem, post the poem. . . Only one today!


Whiskey Night Revisited


I don't do whiskey,
well didn't. . .
until that night on the bluff
with him

My blonde hair spread out
on the moss. . . .
after much tossing about (and stuff)
beneath him

I'll never do whiskey,
not again. . .
I'd rather take a cuff
from him

than go to sleep a blonde
and wake
seen as a redheaded duff
by him.

MeeAugraphie
04/09/07

In case you are wondering:
this is fiction and no harm
is/was meant toward redheads, it was
merely a reference to the poem that
prompted this. (Nor do I condone being
cuffed up the side of the head - poetic
license, here.)

Note:
These words are mine.
Please, do not use them without my permission.
You are welcome, however, to link back to them.
Meeaugraphie

2 comments:

JP (mom) said...

What a fun, clever poem! Best, JP

Anonymous said...

Sure Marcia, we know how you really feel. ;)


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: