19.6.07

Haiku - (Wild)flowers

One Deep Breath gave us a wonderful prompt today, perfect for Haiku, with enough leeway to experiment or just write from the heart or the eye. Make sure you click the link and follow it to the wonderful poets who participate each week. You will find a Haiku among them that will speak to you. I'm on my way to read with you. (Even if you are not a poetry lover, many of us post beautiful photos with our Haiku. My photos are not accessible for a while, but theirs are.)


(Wild)flowers


Hibiscus tucked right
eyes instinctively brighten
young woman on prowl

~~~

Cross country move finds
seagulls and pink hibiscus
memories from home

~~~

Daisies reach skyward
on barren stretch of highway
afternoon delight

~~~

MeeAugraphie
06/19/07

To those very few who stumble on this for stealing content purposes (not the rest of you!):
Oh yes, they will know you copied these -- for they are only formed with little sustenance, so don't. It doesn't become you and it is not right.

10 comments:

Regina said...

Oh, the first one is quite bold! And I am particualrly fond of daisies so the last one appeals to me as well. What wonderful haikus today!

Crafty Green Poet said...

very vivid! Though I love hibiscus, I think the daisies speak to me more here, I love their simplicity and their tenacity.

Shelley said...

Wow, three nice ones, each strong in its own way...

I especially liked the idea of memories being sparked after a move...

thank thee.

Plain Foolish said...

The second one reminds me that coming here, I always see seagulls, where I didn't back home. But the last one is my favorite.

Clockworkchris said...

I like the second and third the best, although all three are great. The last line in #3 made me think of so many funny movies with that "afternoon delight" song like anchorman and I started to laugh.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting how until we moved to FL, I'd never seen a hibiscus. Now, bold red ones grow outside my door.

Heartful said...

wonderful fresh images, they also tell a story, love them.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Regina Clare Jane, Crafty Green Poet, Shelley,Plain Foolish, Clockwork Chris,Brian, the Heartful Blogger - I am glad you all were able to relate to one of the flowers in these. Thank you for taking the time to comment on them.

Clare said...

I really like all 3 of these! The first one gave me a giggle. And the last 2 have such lovely images of birds and flowers and really nice emotional tones.

Patois42 said...

It is always a delight to happen upon the flowers when driving long stretches at a time. I enjoyed the three, but really related to the third.


In my words:

This is but a one-sided conversation;
it takes you to make it more.


I reserve the right to not post comments that I feel are not in keeping with my values on this blog, which basically means: no spam, no blatant advertisements, no hate, no inappropriate language. Agreeing with me is not a requirement, discussion is welcome.

Help Put Peace in the Forefront of our Minds:

mimilenox




BloggerTalk

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Life Contrast:
~ Bold & Tentative ~ Poetic & Terse ~ Bright & Dull ~
~ Patient & Intolerant ~ Oblivious & Aware ~
~ Understanding & Incomprehension ~
~ Willing & Unwilling ~ Able & Unable ~
~ Living & Hiding ~
Memes encourage discovery:
Memes encourage reaching inside out:
Memes encourage finding hidden good in all:
only the good
Memes encourage architecture combined with nature:
one deep breath
Memes encourage thought:

It took binoculars to see you

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

Is Love Inevitable? We"ll know when its finished:

June 1st we celebrated our 33rd anniversary by: